It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
(male)

sherco HB User
Big toes swollen-seeping clear liquid

I get my exercise thru kayak and bicycle--no running. I live on the beach so I wear flip-flops or Crocks 99.9% of the time. I just attended a trade show where I had to wear Business Casual, including hard sole leather loafers which hadn't been out of the closet for a year. I walked--and walked a lot on concrete. I pretty much abused my feet for three solid days. I knew my feet/toes hurt but I had to get around.

My big toes on both feet are now reddish/pink, but not sensitive to touch. The nails are whitish in color and the toes look a bit swollen. I squeezed down on the nails and was able to start a clear liquid to come out from under the nails. This seemed to relieve some of the pressure I was feeling. The clear liquid is still coming out--two days later, and it looks like the nail will come off sooner or later. This is a clear liquid with occasional slight tinge of pink but basically clear. I can "milk" out a few drops of the fluid every hour or so. It is not yellow or white or looking like pus from an infection.

Any thoughts on what is wrong with my piggies ? Any suggesterd treatment?

Old 10-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
(male)

sherco HB User
Re: Big toes swollen-seeping clear liquid

Well, the swelling went down and the fluid stopped seeping and things are not so gross anymore. Never went to the Dr so I dont have a diagnosis. Can't say yet if the nail will survive. thanks for all the input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Big toes swollen-seeping clear liquid

HI, I would soak them in some epsom salt, maybe 1/2 cup to 1 gallon of water? something like that. see if that helps.

Reply Reply