It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
(female)

hbotanist HB User
Toe Nail Problem

Hello!

Two months back I saw a dark streak in my right big Toe Nail. There was no pain or any other symptom so I did not take it seriously. When I went to see my family Doctor I mentioned to her about it. She referred me to a dermatologist. In the mean time it has increased in the area and it looks like it has some internal bleeding and a dark colored spot has appeared between the skin and the toe nail bed on that streak. In my dermatologistís opinion it should be tested for biopsy for cancer.

My dermatologist also told me that in order to do biopsy the whole big toe nail has to be removed. I am very nervous about the whole situation. Is there any one who has faced a situation of this kind? Is there a way of doing biopsy without removing the whole of the big toe nail?

I do not remember hurting my toe at any point. Though I have made a routine for long walks the whole summer and because of those walks I have been benefited in other areas of health I feel good energy and I am a healthy person otherwise.

Thanks.

Reply Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
nail in foot caudet8 Open to All Other Health Topics 2 07-12-2010 08:04 AM
Nail Gun accident anonnie Open to All Other Health Topics 4 03-06-2007 08:08 AM
cut by a nail, worried about tetanus Yamaraja Open to All Other Health Topics 2 01-17-2007 06:53 AM
Please... Help assess risk of nail puncture injury of the hand WTSnacks Open to All Other Health Topics 1 09-17-2006 05:16 AM
nail fungus kerri0500 Open to All Other Health Topics 3 07-04-2006 07:13 AM

Tags
skin cancer