It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
(male)

nec1912 HB User
Question My toenails are not healthy

For some reason my toenails are brittle and scratch easy for lack of medical terminology.That means when I cut my toenails I have to be very very very careful not to scratch my toenail.

When having a shower and coming out of the shower it starts to peel by the base or edges and takes a long time to heel and some times does not heel and I just have to live with it for new toenail to grow .

And if I touch it or bump it not hard it scratches easy and peels easy.You have to treat your toenails as if it is a glass ornament.

My toenails are slow to heel and grow. And get scratched easy and cannot put too much water on it or it will scratch or peel or goes funny by the base or edges .

Old 01-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: My toenails are not healthy

Hello nec1912.

When I had toenail fungus my toenails oftentimes would become brittle and easy to peel away. Once the fungus cleared up my toenails were no longer brittle. Have you tried taking a calcium supplement to see if that strengthens your toenails or have you talked to your doctor to see if there's any medication that could be beneficial for your toenails?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
(male)

nec1912 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
Hello nec1912.

When I had toenail fungus my toenails oftentimes would become brittle and easy to peel away. Once the fungus cleared up my toenails were no longer brittle. Have you tried taking a calcium supplement to see if that strengthens your toenails or have you talked to your doctor to see if there's any medication that could be beneficial for your toenails?
I don't think it is a toenails fungus do to it is like that on all toenails and it is not black,brown,green or yellow the toenail.Also if I do not wash my feet for long time and do not try to cut it well it looks normal.I think the water is too hard on it or I'm soaking it in water for too long.

I get very little calcium in my diet and do not eat the best may be that is the problem ??

Most of my foods are starchy foods and protein and very little darry product and fruits.And vegetables may be about 2 or 3 times in a week.

Last edited by nec1912; 02-10-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec1912 View Post
I get very little calcium in my diet and do not eat the best may be that is the problem ??
I think a lack of calcium in your diet could very well be the reason why you're having problems with your toenails. I suggest you either add more calcium into your diet or start taking some calcium supplements.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
(female)

KeysMom HB User

I agree that you may have a need for a calcium supplement. Also try putting a drop of tea tree oil on each nail and rubbing it in twice day for two weeks. You can kill fungus with that. If you don't have a fungus issue, it's not going to hurt anything.

Reply Reply