It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
(male)

mike559 HB User
Exclamation Possible Melanoma.. Help!

over the past couple of months my toe-nail has starting to become blacker and bluer and consistantly getting worse and worse in color. Recently its turned all black, it ceases to grow (my nail) and the soft skin at the base of the nail, is going red and becoming all crusty if you like and peeling off.. I have a vertical split in my nail on the right so I presumed it was injury. I consulted my gp, he said no, he said fungal infection. So he gave me antibiotics and requested a clipping sample. Negative for fungal. I went back after the swelling went down, he said its nothing to worry about. Since then its got horribly bad and painful at the base. He put me on the waiting list for a podiatrist but its 3 months.. And frankly if it could be Melanoma, I'd rather find out asap.. As wrong as that sounds.

Please, please, any thoughts, advice, or genuine help, is more than appreciated.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-13-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
black, cancer, melanoma, nail