It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
(female)

tickettybooo HB User
Acrylic nail extensions - problem

Hi all

I had some acrylic nail extensions wth a UV gel top coat put on 6 days ago in a salon I hadn't visited before. I hadn't had nail extensions for about 5 years but wanted them for a special occasion. I noticed straight away that my natural nail was not glued in it's entirety to every nail extension and as the week has gone on I can see small debris lodged between the nail and the extension. I seem to recall when I had them before that the nail should be totally glued to the extension with no gaps. I have also had some lifting of the acrylic near the cuticle on a few of them.

I have been very careful in the care of my hands this week and I'm a bit dismayed at what has happened. I don't want infection setting in.

As the fingernail is not properly adhered to the extension, should I go back and have them removed / redone? Do you think I should ask to have this done for free as the workmanship is sub-standard?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. It's been a while since I had the nail extensions and I want to ensure my natural nails are kept as good as possible.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Acrylic nail extensions - problem

Sure, I'd go back. They can soak them off and redo. Be sure and watch when they do them. Make sure they put the primer on first and really glue everything down well. I have some acrylic, some with silk wraps and some with nothing (my nails are weird!)...and I rarely have any problems. But then, I've gone to the same woman for years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply