It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

Purple Sparkles HB User
Help With Abnormal Toenails

About 22 years ago I started getting planters warts on my feet. Iíd get a few, go to the podiatrist to have them removed, and then another one would appear in another spot on my foot. Eventually I had laser surgery to have them removed and I havenít had another wart since. However, shortly after this I developed thick toenails on the second toe of both feet. The toenails only grow out about a half a centimeter long, the one on my left foot is close to the skin, but the one of my right foot is lifted up off my skin. I have been to many podiatrists and dermatologists and everyone has told me it is toenail fungus. I have been on so many different medications and used so many topical treatments (Lamisil, Penlac, and some others), but nothing has gotten rid of the issue. I even had the toenails removed and they grew back the same way. They are painful at times; I get a throbbing pain that shoots from my toenail through my toe to my foot. All the tests that have come back from the lab have been negative for toenail fungus and negative for psoriasis. I was also checked for spurs and thatís not it.
The last podiatrist I went to said he has no idea what it is and the only thing he could do is permanently remove both toenails. Iím just afraid if I do that, then whatever this is will appear on another toenail like the warts did when I had them removed and Iíll end up with no toenails. About a year or two ago a black, thin horizontal line appeared on the toenail of my right foot (the one that is raised off my skin), I didnít think anything of it and cut it off, well now that black line has come back. This time I have been looking on the internet and have found similar stories, but the pictures donít look anything like mine. Iím concerned because I read that it could be melanoma cancer. I made a dermatologist appointment to have it looked at, but the soonest I can get an appointment is September. In the mean time I am really worried that I could have cancer, because I also have an irregular shaped mole on my right thigh that developed about 12 years ago. I went to a dermatologist when it first appeared because it was pink and I didnít know what it was and he said it was just a new mole and it looked fine.
Iím hoping someone may know what is wrong with my toenails since I havenít had any luck with any of the doctors I have been to. I would love to put an end to this mystery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread