It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

Ashley125 HB User
Will a curved toenail grow out?

I had a partial nail avulsion in February to fix an ingrown toenail. I also have a fungus on that nail which I'm being treated for currently, I've been on lamisil which did nothing and I was just prescribed diflucan.

Anyway, my nail is curved on one side. It isn't ingrown anymore due to the surgery, but it's still putting pressure on the side of my toe and I'm not sure if it's gotten worse or if Im just noticing it more. The bottom of my nail is fine, it was curving inwards prior to my surgery but it seems like the area where it has grown out so far is straight.

I'm thinking it might be caused by my fungus since the nail is thick and brittle, especially since it isn't curved on the side not afflicted by the fungus. Is this something that will grow out, or should I go see a doctor?

I cant really wait very long to decide, my husband is getting out of the military and then I'll be without insurance. I'm thinking if I go back to the podiatrist hell want to remove the entire nail so that's why I'm hesitating. Thoughts?

Also what does the toe look like after the nail is removed? Is there just skin there? Im not very concerned about it because it's almost time to retire the sandals for the year anyway but I'm curious. All the google images are grotesque haha.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
(male)

smario HB User
Re: Will a curved toenail grow out?

Is there still fungus in your toenail?
Than its normal that the nail get curved because the thickness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply