It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
(female)

kayylove123 HB User
Exclamation Help Please!

Okay, so lately I have been doing my nails ALOT. I didn't realize how bad it could be for your nails, so I continued doing it.. well.. obsessively. One day I found a yellow spot under my nail.. and it freaked me out. I took out a nail file and filed the top of my nail. I fount that whatever this yellow spot was on my nail, it began peeling off. So not the bottom of my pinky nail (finger) is open. It seems the skin on the top of my nail has ripped.. but there is still a layer of nail on the bottom. It doesn't hurt.. but im freaking out. Please help!
Oh by the way, I do use acetone polish remover.

Last edited by kayylove123; 08-07-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Help Please!

Hello.

A yellow spot under your nail could definitely be a fungal infection. I suggest either buying an over-the-counter topical treatment for a fungal infection or going to your doctor for a prescription-strength treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Yellow spots in the nails can be a sign of fungal infection. I would recommend you give your nails a break from polish, keep them dry and cut relatively short for a couple of months. If this is your finger nail, it will probably clear up on own and grow out. Toenails are a much bigger problem and the fungus can become chronic and difficult to eradicate. When filing, file all other nails first, then the spotted one, and boil file for 10 minutes if metal or discard and use a new one next time. If it is fungus, it can spread via the file to another nail if you file the spotted one first, then file others. Nail salons violate this "clean to dirty" principle all the time, so I would recommend you do your own nails for now.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
(female)

kayylove123 HB User

Well its gone now.. but the problem was I filed the fungus OUT of my nail... and now there is a open spot on the bottom of my pinky... but there is sill a layer off nail. Anyways.. thank you guys! The skin on top of the nail is already growing back.. so it should be gone in a matter of weeks (: and I am going to the beach for 4 days.. so from what I hear that should help out alot to!

Closed Thread