It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2003, 07:32 PM   #1
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
Post Dry brittle nails that won't grow

My nails just chip and split and refuse to grow. I am taking a multi vitamin to try and help them grow. What are the best treatments out there that I can put on them to encourage them to grow? Thanks!

Old 04-13-2003, 05:03 AM   #2
(female)

Wildpink HB User
Well, this is a problem i had been having for the past 4 years! it was really annoying me because before that i had strong and long nails for years. anyway, i started this year taking calcium chews - u know a calcium supplement once a day equal to the full recommended amount of calcium, plus then i eat any extra cheese or milk that i would eat on a normal basis day to day. anyway, it has been about 7 months since doing that and my nails are growing dramatically, they are strong and i havent gotten them chipping or peeling since quite a while. also, i found that if i wear nail polish once i have got them to good length, it makes them stay strong, as it absorbs the strengthners in the nail polish. i also have been using a good quality moisturiser on my hands at least twice a day and also make sure that u dont act rough with your hands, even if it looks like u are being "fussy", dont worry about it. be delicate with your nails while trying to get them to grow. i found that helped too. well good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread