It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
(female)

CapeCodGrammy HB User
Itchy cuticles after 'fill' for acrylic nails

I have been having my nails done for approximately 18 years. I typically go every two weeks. The last 3 nail appointments have left me with such itchy 'fingers' that it wakes me during the night and lasts through the next day. The first time it happened (about 6 weeks ago) when I went back to that salon that I had been going to for the last 18 months I let the nail tech know and she was very gentle and careful with her work ~ however, I woke during the night with the same itchiness that lasted through the next day. Last night I tried a new salon and told them my experience ~ she had me wash my hands thoroughly (twice) after she had applied the fill. Unfortunately I was awakened during the night with itchy fingers; from the knuckles up and around the cuticles and it hasn't stopped.
My own nails are paper thin and peel and bend so that is why I need the acrylic overlay...any suggestions of what I can do going forward? Is there a special product I should ask for at a salon?

Old 06-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
(female)

kaelaonfire HB User
Re: Itchy cuticles after 'fill' for acrylic nails

The same exact thing happened to me out of nowhere. I was really upset because I loved my fake nails! What is happening to you is an allergic reaction, somehow your skin has chosen to start rejecting the acrylic. For me though, I actually switched to gel nails. You have to make sure it's not just an acrylic nail with a gel overlay, but actual gel with several layers that are cooked. Hope this helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

czanoline HB User

This happened to me as well. itchy nails. I had to take mine off because I also got a fungus on one of my nails...that's a whole different story....

Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It's possible your cuticles are very dry. Try buying some vitamin E oil and put it on your cuticles periodically throughout the day. It might help with the itching and it will keep the cuticles moisturized.

Reply Reply

Tags
acrylic nails, itchy hands