It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
(male)

pbjellylover HB User
Potential fungus

Hi all. I'm posting because on the right side of one of my thumbnails, right next to the nail bed, there is a bit of yellow discoloration that could easily be missed. It's a few square millimeters, seems to taint both the nail and the skin, but it isn't something that I can remove with a file or a toothpick. It has been there for about two days, and I initially thought it was a stain from curry, but it doesn't wash out.

For those of you who have seen a lot of nail fungi, is this something I should be worried about? If so, what course of treatment can I pursue without seeing a doctor?

Background info: I'm a 20 year old male in good health with no known allergies.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Potential fungus

Hello.

I don't think there's any health complications from nail fungi. I've dealt with it several times and none of my doctors seemed to be concerned about it. It makes your nails look ugly but I think the worse thing that can happen is the fungi can spread to other nails. There are various OTC products you can buy to treat nail fungi, but the most effective treatment method I've found is getting a prescription for Lamsil. Even after you've fully treated the fungi, it'll take several weeks or more for your body to grow a healthy and fungi-free nail.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply