It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
(male)

RIJAZSM HB User
Black Line on my nail

There is a black vertical line of my thumb nail. It appears around 1 or more year back and I never take this seriously since there is no pain or any other disturbance. By seeing some quotes here I have little bit disturbed now. Is it a disease or I need to visit a doctor ? What are the remedies....Advise please!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Black Line on my nail

Hi, for your own peace of mind go to a dermatologist and have it checked out.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
(male)

thekobraah HB User

What did you find out? I have the line too. I have 3 or 4 on two nails at the tip. Nail splinter hemorrhages. I don't have any other major symptom either. I am stressed. Hopefully for nothing. Let me know.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

OK guys, I am going to give it to you straight out......as I posted before, go have it checked out. you are both stressing about this. What it could be......nutritional deficiency, fungus, invasion of bacteria in the heart valve or melanoma. Just because there is no pain does not mean it could not be serious, be smart and get a medical diagnosis....

Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
(male)

thekobraah HB User

I'm going to. I have an appt with my GP next week. Just want to easy my mind for right now! I am just asking could this be "nothing".

Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
(male)

thekobraah HB User

My thought is, hey, i'm getting older..things change including the appears of nails, hair, skin, everything.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekobraah View Post
My thought is, hey, i'm getting older..things change including the appears of nails, hair, skin, everything.
You are right, I think there is a greater chance of it being nothing or something that can be fixed with some medication but just go for your peace of mind. Let us know what happens after you see the doctor....

The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
thekobraah (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
(male)

thekobraah HB User

I don't need rx if it's just my nail...if it's a sign of an underlying condition? That concerns me. But, I'm hopeful it isn't anything major. I googled (of course) pics of this and mine is very minute comparatively speaking.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #9
(male)

thekobraah HB User

I just cut most of my nails off so the "splinters" are gone. I hate it. So now it's just barely a little tiny "splinter". When I was young I used to get warts on my finger nails. It kinda looked like that at first. Like a seed in a wart. Gross I know. I did some research on other things that this points to and makes no sense. Endocarditis, Lupus...I don't think I have them. I really don't. Is there some percent of a chance these mean NOTHING? Other than maybe some medicine I take or vitamin deficiency?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

I am not an expert on this but would think that if you had anything like Lupus or any other thing serious you would have other symptoms.

Closed Thread