It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

Kimmerrs HB User
toenail fungus/athletes foot fingernail fungus

Hi, I am new to the site. I am glad to join. I am in my 30's and have toenail fungus and have athletes foot that will not go away. I am curious if anyone has had their toenails permanetly removed and if that helped the athletes foot go away?? I am my wits end with this. My fingernails for some reason started turning yellow too so I started soaking in vinegar day and night. Vinegar does not help the athletes foot in the summer for my feet. I use lamisil cream daily but it never completely goes away. My foot doctor said I had the gene (where I can't fight this). I never had problems before a few years ago.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
(male)

starwarsrules HB User
Re: toenail fungus/athletes foot fingernail fungus

I had fungus problems that were less severe, but were still a real nuisance. I had managed to spread it to other parts of my body and then it really started to drive me nuts. But by keeping my feet dryer, alternating miconazole nitrate and clotrimazole, plus the occasional over-the-counter steroid cream, I was able to get the fungus under control.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
(male)

smario HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmerrs View Post
Hi, I am new to the site. I am glad to join. I am in my 30's and have toenail fungus and have athletes foot that will not go away. I am curious if anyone has had their toenails permanetly removed and if that helped the athletes foot go away?? I am my wits end with this. My fingernails for some reason started turning yellow too so I started soaking in vinegar day and night. Vinegar does not help the athletes foot in the summer for my feet. I use lamisil cream daily but it never completely goes away. My foot doctor said I had the gene (where I can't fight this). I never had problems before a few years ago.
Hi,
what kind of shoes did you wear? May bee that's the problem if your feet are always wet.
regards , Mario

Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
(female)

Kimmerrs HB User

no, I wear sandals, I guess I just have a crappy immune system when it comes to fungal infections of the skin. I hardly ever get sick though so one good thing.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
(male)

smario HB User

Hi,
I think the fungus toenails are a results of the athletes foot, its just jump over.
Do you have a photo of your toenails ? Maybee its Neurodermatitis thats attached the toenail too.
regards Mario

The Following User Says Thank You to smario For This Useful Post:
Kimmerrs (05-13-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
(female)

Jerrii9034 HB User
Wink Re: toenail fungus/athletes foot fingernail fungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmerrs View Post
Some of the "home remedies" work for people and some of them don't. A search will reveal many different types, including the one you tried.

There are only two medically approved ways to fight this horrible condition. It is VERY resistant and doesn't want to leave the human body.

(1) Rx tablets from your Dr that you take for about 6 months. It kills the fungus from the inside out. However, liver monitoring tests are required periodically as it can be toxic to some people. A small chance, but nevertheless, a chance. Some have reported excellent results with this method while others won't take the chance. It's an individual decision you should discuss with your Dr.

(2) One of the most promising treatments ever is fairly new and it is laser treatment of the nail. A certified pod. dr will run a laser over your nail and kill the fungus. The nail grows out and replaces fungus nails, with healthily, new nails. The drawback is that the procedure is usually not covered by insurance and is expensive (about $1000) per foot. But, it's painless and typically a one time deal gets it done.

Do you know how you contracted the fungus? Many catch it either from being on antibiotics for a long time (disrupts their good bacteria balance) or from a shower / locker room.

You can try some of the home remedies as they won't "hurt" you in any way and many have found them to work. Most have found that the home remedies don't cure the fungus, but either prevent it from spreading or getting worse, or get some improvement....But can't knock it out all the way. That in itself can be a small victory.

Best of luck to you.

Jerricat

Reply Reply