It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
(male)

chainsawal HB User
Toenail Fungus but Allergic to Lotramin

Wondering if anyone had the same experience...

Got a toenail fungus on my big toe on one foot. Prescribed Lotramin orally.. which I know is a terrible drug. I took it for a few weeks, and ended up with major rashes, heat rashes, etc.. I was miserable and couldn't even lay down because the heat rash would bloom on my bad and itch like crazy. I looked like a rolled in poison ivy.

GP that prescribed it swears he has never seen it cause an allergic reaction before and suggest it may have been something else. I know he is wrong, because it took a week or two after I stopped taking it for the rashes to go away completely.

But now what are my options? I have a big yellow nasty toenail at 40 yrs old? I heard topicals don't work... not sure what to do next.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Toenail Fungus but Allergic to Lotramin

Hello.

I have no experience with Lotramin.

Have you tried Lamsil? I take that orally to treat toenail fungus. I'm taking it now and I have used it to treat prior cases of toenail fungus. It's been a pretty successful med for me, except the fungus tends returns some time after I stop taking the med. The one catch is it can be hard on the liver, so I don't know if that would preclude you from using it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply