It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Natural Disaster Sympathies and Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 05:31 AM   #1
(female)

brokenspirit HB User
when will it all end

My heart truely goes out to the all of katrina's victams. I have sat and watched the news every single day since the disaster happened. I have cried and prayed and begged God to help each and every single one.
All those people at the convention center, on the overpass, still stuck on there roofs. I know that New Orlenans wasnt the only one hit my this monster, but that is what you see the most on the news. When will the people be fed? Poor people dying in the streets. All the violence . They talk about looting, How do know what we would do if put in that situation. I am not condoning theft of any kind, but what would you do if your children and family was starving? I dont blam them one bit for going in the stores to get food, water and things to drink. I dont condone them stealing vcr's tv's stuff like that. They probably feel like they have been forgotten about, like the country has just left them there to die. I haven't forgotten about them , God hasn't forgotten about them. He know where each and every single one of them are.
My God when will this tradgady end for these poor people?

Last edited by Administrator; 09-04-2005 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Post only within the guidelines.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
Re: when will it all end

I have been watching the news every night and last night I sat down with a big home cooked meal in front of me and I was so hungry but I couldn't even eat. I felt selfish! All I could think about was all the people that were out there starving and the babies and the elderly dying in the streets and here I sat in my warm house with a big plate of food in front of me and I felt terrible. I live in Texas and they are bringing 500 refugees to my town but it isn't very big so we can't fit very many in our civic center. I don't understand the whole rescue and recovery. In a way I am angry and I think there should have been more preparation. But then I don't think everyone expected such mass destruction. All I know is I am going to go make donations tomorrow. I am very upset about the whole situation but I just want to do my part to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I think when the dust settles and the news media gets tired of showing the worst possible aspects of the situation, we'll be hearing more and more heartwarming stories. This is a huge disaster and it's going to take an incredible amount of work to get things even halfway to normal, but people will rise to the occasion and I think the real strength and character of the survivors, rescuers, volunteers, people who donate, etc. etc., will shine through.

My sympathies go out to everyone who has lost someone, or who is still waiting to hear...

Old 09-05-2005, 10:06 PM   #4

jbot HB User

Hey Brokenspirit thank you for your prayers.I saw what you saw on tv it was no excuse for what happen with people having to stay in shelters and on bridges so long.A lot of communiations broke down why and how I do not know. As for the isssue of looting. Yes I would do they same thing to feed my family,I would go get a loaf of bread ,milk ,water,can goods and leave some for my neighbors. I would leave a IOU at the cash register. I wouldn`t touch another thing in the store but the basics and I wouldn`t take everything, other people would be in need also, But what some of these people was doing was not getting stuff to feed their family. What in the world would anyone have to break the windows of a jewerly store and take jewerly when thats all it sold. I call this out and out stealing.I saw a lady go into grocery store and she had a bottle of milk a loaf of bread a cartoon of cokes and water, She came out crying and asking God to forgive her but she had nothing left, Now this is survival. You don`t go into a place of bussiness steal all the expensive shoes and expensive shirts you can carry and then go back for the niggestt tv you can carry in a street full of water then after you take everything smash the window and destroy everything in the store and try to burn it down. Now in my opinion thats just plain and simple unhuman,thives, hoodlums, I have plenty other words i could use but want. At any rate it was a ahorrible storm that hurt a lot of good innocent people. But God was in control and he still is so all we can do is ask Him to sent the right kind of help so all these people will have bigger and better living conditions then they had before they had to leave.JUst let us all learn a lesson from this and build for a bettter Louisiana and nation..........jbot

Old 09-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
(female)

brokenspirit HB User

jbot,
that is the truth. I still feel for them I still cry for them I just wish there was more that I could do.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Babygirl,
I too live in Texas and it's been really tough. Although I live in a huge city (Dallas) the 25,000 people here has made an impact. It's been very stressful and agonizing seeing these families first hand. At church on Wednesday night, we were asked to go to the alter and pray. At the end of about 15 minutes of prayer, the pastor asked for us to look at the front. He had an entire family who had been displaced standing there. It was just something else to see an actual family suffering from this tragedy. My DH and I decided to adopt a family this weekend.

Last edited by Mommie-2-B; 09-09-2005 at 02:19 PM.

Closed Thread