It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Natural Disaster Sympathies and Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
New Orleans Co-workers

I don't know what to say. I'm sad, depressed, angry, worried. I see the news reports and cry for the people who are suffering through this disaster.
I want to bring them all home, wrap my arms around them & let them know that somehow, someday they will get through all of this.
We have an office in New Orleans. I think it's gone. We haven't found all of our co-workers yet. We hope & pray they evacuated before the hurricane, before the levee broke. I spoke with one of the girls on the phone Wednesday morning. She was ok, but couldn't get in touch with the others.
She thinks they all evacuated. Her brother is a firefighter in New Orleans. He was on the phone crying from what he was seeing. Bodies floating...babies....
It's a tragedy we never think can happen. But it did. And it will again. Maybe not here, but somewhere...it will happen...over & over & over. It can be an angry planet. Tragedies bring out the worst in people and brings out the best, but human suffering is with us always. Tragedy happened in Louisiana, Alabama...last year it was Indonesia, Sumatra, India, Thailand, Florida. Who will be next. Will we ever be prepared. Can we?

Old 09-07-2005, 06:37 PM   #2

jbot HB User
Re: New Orleans Co-workers

I`m a believer and thats about the only way I see anyone can be ready. Its a personal thing. I guess I answer that question with anohter question. If you believe in a here after then we can be ready. But as far as physcially being able to stop something like this or try to prepare for a storm or earthquake or other natural disaster I think we are helpless.I hope you locate more of your co-workers and my prayers are with you all so your bussiness can get back up and running soon. I love the city of N.O. I don`t live there but visit often and it will be very hard for me to know that it will be a long time before I get to go back.But the bottom line is I WILL GO BACK Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread