It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Natural Disaster Sympathies and Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
(female)

RachelGrace HB User
Coping

So many people I know have had family members lose everything they own. It's so awful watching the news, seeing the damage, and knowing things will never be the same. My aunt, uncle, and cousins lost their home in Katrina. They were trying to sell it and move to Oklahoma City for a job offer. Now they have nothing - no home, no posessions, and almost no money. You just wonder - "WHY?" So many innocent lives were lost. Things will never be the same. I just wish the politics could stop so people could focus on the relief effort. How will trading insults help people to survive? I just really wish there was something I could do to help. My church is organizing a big money drive to send to the red cross. I just wish I could be there, among the people, encouraging and helping people. That's the type of person I am. Watching, unable to be there is unbearable. I just hope that America can stand together, encouraging and building each other up, and unite. So many lives have been changed. Why not make the best of it?

Old 09-04-2005, 07:34 AM   #2
(female)

wannahelp HB User
Re: Coping

RachelGrace, (love that name)
I agree with you. I hate finger pointing. What's done is done. Get past it, and let's focus all our energy on fixing the problem. My heart goes out to everyone. Our local churches are involved as well. It is a sad tragedy, and we ask "why", but there is a reason for everything. Sometimes we have to suffer tragedys in order to prevent future generations from suffering the same.
I get so mad watching the different coverages on TV. All the analyzing, blaming, is such a wasted time of energy. I don't think ANYONE would want or let something like this happen if it could have been prevented. We all make mistakes, and if we didn't, we would never learn anything. Let's hear the good stories, and let's see ALL the great people that live in this country come together for the good of others. The good aways overrule the bad. God bless everyone, and my prayers to all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread