It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Natural Disaster Sympathies and Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #1

jbot HB User
Giving Your Money

Hi everyone. Let me say I live near Baton Rouge La.and I am blessed, A few limbs down thats all. Let me ask a question? Have you ever been down on your luck with out a peeny in your pocket? I have. My biggest question is where is all this money that all these different organzations going to? I know the Red Cross and Salavation Army doing good work in the area. There will be billions of dollars coming into the state. What some of these people need now is just a little money in their pockets, Just $25 to call their own.I haven`t given to anything yet. What I have desided to do is to go to the local church where I know people are and try to give the money to them in their hands. IT doesn`t matter if its not but a $1. With enough people doing this they will soon have just a little money so they won`t feel so down and out. MY husband say you can`t give to one and not the rest.I have found out this church has 65 people in its shelter. I`m going to give the paster $65 dollars so he can give each person a dollar and a message that this is a start. I am asking all my friends in the area to adopt this church and do the same thing. Maybe some can give more but everything helps.I have cried I have been so mad at things I see I have felt guilty that I still have a home. I have had every emonition there is in the last week.This old saying has come to me so many times "but by the grace of God there go I". In other words it could be me and my family sitting in a shelter.MY health won`t allow me to do as much as I would if I could but I can pray.
As for the pet situation. There is a place open in Gonzales La. that is receiving pets that are being rescued and cared for. They also have some people that are going into New Orleans and getting into home where they know pets have been left. My heart goes out to the owners and the pets.The shelters just can`t allow pets and I can understnad why. It would cause so much more confusion. I know I have a beloved cat but in a place with more then 5 people she would freak out.I am sure the little boy that couldn`t bring his little dog on the bus with him will one day get another wonderful pet and maybe even 2 thats my prayers for him and all the others that had to leave their pets behind. But I know that they have open 2 shelters in this area to try to reunite the pets with their owners, People are scattered all over the USA so I don`t know if that will ever happen but I do know we in Baton Rouge love our pets and thats another thing we can do is adopt a dog or cat when they become available. We will know in our hearts that maybe in a small way we helped a pets owner. I think more private citizens should become involved how ever God leads you to help in your own little way.Just go to a shelter just listen to a person let them talk thats what they need now also.But don`t tell them you know how they feel unless you ever had this happen to you, If you have been throught it then share with them how you came out and how every thing turn out alright.Well my friends I`m not going to proof read this I know there are many mispelled words but I just wanted to get my thoughts on here to you. I usualy post on the pain page here and my pain index is up to a 8 tonight so I will bid you all a good night and God speed. Our Louisiana will come back better then ever we are a strong bunch Thank you everyone for all your prayers and concerns if you do not live in out state. We appreciate them................jbot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread