It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Natural Disaster Sympathies and Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

Sleepy61 HB User
Thank you for your prayers & support, from MS

It was very heart warming to see the support on this site for those still suffering from the effect of Katrinia. I live in Hattiesburg, MS and we are still trying to get our lives back on track.

My husband lost his business building to Katrinia and we are in the process of rebuilding and are hoping and praying that the customers will return and the ones that have decided not to rebuild will be replaced with new accounts. There is no way of knowing the answers. FEMA does not deal with businesses so we are left to rely on assistance from the Small Business Association. We are STILL waiting to see what assisstance they will offer to us. We were personally able to reach Red Cross after several weeks and are still hoping for a monetary response. A close friend that also lost their family business was told last week (from a Red Cross Rep) that their job was to provide immediate relief only and they many recieved help they should not have so do not expect any help. This family has two small children to feed.
Please continue to pray for the many that have fallen through the crack in the system. We are trying to stay positive.
Thank You all!!!!

Old 12-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
(female)

zeldonia HB User
Re: Thank you for your prayers & support, from MS

Hello! I am from Pascagoula so that makes me a hurricane victim too. My home came through with just minor damage that I can't seem to get fixed. Too small of a job for most of the workers. Maybe one day. A daughter and family here in Pascagoula had severe damage to their home. It is a very slow process getting it fixed. Another daughter was in Slidell apartment complex with two children. Apartment was destroyed. She is now in Florida where she is getting help. Am sorry to hear that you also have problems. This storm was very far reaching. I am fond of Hattiesburg as I lived in Lumberton for 25 years.

It isn't normal in our area down here. It is so quiet. No chainsaws, no rebuilding. People have lost so much and don't have the means to start again. Most were in a no flood zone and it flooded anyway. Pray for us all as I will for you and our beloved Mississippi.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #3
Inactive

happyhome HB User
Re: Will pray for you, was in Metaire, La

Will pray for you also, for help, rebuild, and jobs........Our home flooded and is gone and now we are in Mandeville....La.......yes the quiet is tough, and where are the birds.....We are also trying to get help from Fema and Red Cross no answer yet. I wait for my daughter to come home everyday in enourmous amounts of traffic to the North Side of Lake Ponchatrain, where everyone has migrated to live while they try to build on the South side of the Lake. The 24 mile bridge, is piled............I am sure God is in control over all of this....since we cannot........

All we can hope and pray is that good things will begin to happen to all of you ......I know praying for others, helps me stay out of self pity...because there seems always someone else, who has it worse, like those in tents....We are taking in relief worker right now, and after the hurricane had 29 people in a house......People are trying to pull together, as never before........

Keeping my Eye on Jesus for Xmas, keeps me from getting the commercial blues.............it was all about him anyway Xmas......I just forgot, will pray the divine mercy for us all......as we stick together.....I found this site, and I dont know how now ?..............this board is a good source of information and sharing it seems.

Closed Thread