It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Natural Disaster Sympathies and Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Realhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB User
Fires in Colorado

I live in Colorado Springs and I'm watching the Northwest side going up in flames from the Waldo Canyon Fire. It's scary how close it is to where I am.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Fires in Colorado

How are you doing? Fires getting any closer? Lot of smoke?

I hope that you are able to keep both your family and your home safe!

Best of luck!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Realhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB User

Lots of smoke and ash. The fire is still burning and the evacuations have widened.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Hi. I'm in neighboring Utah and there are fires popping up all over the state. It is very scary. We've had some bad air quality here from all the fires out there too.

A few years ago, I had one come up to the the ridge of the hill right by my house. There is nothing more upsetting to not knowing if it was going to hit the house or not. Thankfully they were able to stop it. Things could have been much much worse.

I can only imagine how stressed you are right now. My prayers are with you.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Wow, those fires are growing so incredibly quickly. 300 homes down in your fire today. I hope you are well.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realhousewife View Post
Lots of smoke and ash. The fire is still burning and the evacuations have widened.
Hello Realhouswife

It must seem surreal to see what is transpiring before your very eyes.

I'm going to keep all affected in my prayer.

How do you feel?

It's ok to feel angry and yet concerned(if this is the case).

If you're up to it,please keep us posted;whether it be about the fire;your reaction to it all.

Know that you're amongst friends here.

With Respectful Intent
Phoenix

Old 07-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Hello Realhouswife

It must seem surreal to see what is transpiring before your very eyes.

I'm going to keep all affected in my prayer.

How do you feel?

It's ok to feel angry and yet concerned(if this is the case).

If you're up to it,please keep us posted;whether it be about the fire;your reaction to it all.

Know that you're amongst friends here.

With Respectful Intent
Phoenix
The fire is 100% contained. 346 homes were destroyed and 2 people died. It's now the costliest fire in Colorado history.

Luckily it never became the "armageddon" that people had predicted. It's sad that 2 people died though but at least it wasn't more considering how much time they had to evacuate-15 minutes on most cases.

The Following User Says Thank You to Realhousewife For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (07-15-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realhousewife View Post
The fire is 100% contained. 346 homes were destroyed and 2 people died. It's now the costliest fire in Colorado history.

Luckily it never became the "armageddon" that people had predicted. It's sad that 2 people died though but at least it wasn't more considering how much time they had to evacuate-15 minutes on most cases.
Hello realhousewife

Thank you so much for the update.
Hate to sound cliche but now is the time that the healing begins.

346 homes destroyed and two deaths.

Yes,it could've been much worse.

A heartfelt thank-you to all the fire-fighters,rescue teams,paramedics,counselors,volunteers and everyone else that I have unintentionally left out.

My condolences to the families of the deceased and my heartfelt sympathies with those who have lost their homes.

I pray that Colorado can end up showing its' resiliency some time in the near future,as an entire state was affected in one way or another from this catastrophy.

Sincere Respect
Phoenix

Old 07-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #9
(male)

win 79 HB User

I sympathize with all of you faced with the treat of fires.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-27-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Closed Thread