It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Natural Disaster Sympathies and Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

foramora HB User
Oklahoma Tornadoes

The news of the tornadoes is deeply saddening especially due to the number of children it affected. My prayers to everyone in Oklahoma to stay strong!

The following user gives a hug of support to foramora:
SpicyGirl82 (08-04-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
(female)

popsickletoes HB Userpopsickletoes HB User
Smile Re: Oklahoma Tornadoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by foramora View Post
The news of the tornadoes is deeply saddening especially due to the number of children it affected. My prayers to everyone in Oklahoma to stay strong!
How shocking and NICE to see this post!
It has been terrible. Those poor children.
It's nice to be remembered.
My doggie was in the closet with me. I guess she thought she was
Digging to China. Dig, dig, dig...
If only!
Hubby has promised a shelter when the State fair runs their specials in Aug or Sept.
We will never forget. What a tragedy. :,(
BTW Beware of scammers. The safe way to do something nice is look up channel 4, 5, or 9. Those are our local YV channels.

The following user gives a hug of support to popsickletoes:
SpicyGirl82 (08-04-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
(female)

treepen HB User
Re: Oklahoma Tornadoes

G-d bless you as you continue your recovery and your community heals!

Old 06-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #4
(female)

aquaprin90 HB User

My prayers too with all the victims of this dreadful tornado..
Well, have you all heard of the news about the vast devastation in the valleys of Uttarakhand..? That was also very terrific...Thousands of people were stranded there are still the rescue work is going on...
I pray for all of them who are still struggling of their lives.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
(female)

SpicyGirl82 HB User

I know this happened quite a while ago (couple months I think) but I just wanted to say that you all have my sympathy. In my town we had an F4 tornado wipe out half of our town back in 1990. My family was in the basement during it and thankfully it did not touch our house.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #6
(female)

Prairie Fairie HB User

I used to be fascinated with the blasted things. But now, I worry when they have the warnings at night when we sleep. Oklahoma copped it even worse this year. I'm sure there is still a LOT of healing to be done.

Love to all affected by the tornadoes. I can't imagine, and hope I never have to know, what it's like to go through one.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
(female)

SpicyGirl82 HB User

You all also have my prayers for recovery from the tornado.

I know what a tornado is like. I was 7 years old when an F4 struck my town of about 3000 people in 1990. Thankfully our home was spared. I was with my younger sister, my mom, my dad, and some friends that had come over in the basement during it. Our home wasn't touched thankfully. However, half the town was destroyed. I remember we walked around outside once the all clear was given and seeing those images has literally scarred me for life. Those images are seared into my mind and will never be erased. To this day I honestly believe I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the whole event. To this day I up until very frequently would panic when we'd have a strong storm. However, I did pray and asked God to deliver me from my fear and for the past few storms we've had, including strong ones, I have been quite calm but maybe just a tiny bit nervous. It's truly a miracle that I am no longer paranoid of storms. I hope the paranoia stays gone.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #8
(female)

SpicyGirl82 HB User

You all also have my prayers for recovery from the tornado.

I know what a tornado is like. I was 7 years old when an F4 struck my town of about 3000 people in 1990. Thankfully our home was spared. I was with my younger sister, my mom, my dad, and some friends that had come over in the basement during it. Our home wasn't touched thankfully. However, half the town was destroyed. I remember we walked around outside once the all clear was given and seeing those images has literally scarred me for life. Those images are seared into my mind and will never be erased. To this day I honestly believe I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the whole event. To this day I up until very frequently would panic when we'd have a strong storm. However, I did pray and asked God to deliver me from my fear and for the past few storms we've had, including strong ones, I have been quite calm but maybe just a tiny bit nervous. It's truly a miracle that I am no longer paranoid of storms. I hope the paranoia stays gone.

Reply Reply