It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurofibromatosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

nakshatrashop HB User
neuro fibro

I am a woman of 32 years.There were 3 painless fibrous in my arms for the last few years. But 1 year back pain started in these fibrous. i visited a physician and he told me that i am suffering from NEURO-FIBROSIS. A disease of veins were the veins starts to make some fibrous outwards and it is not et all treatable in the world. Now its number is growing and stiffness in my arms is increasing with sudden spells of pain.
I am also experiencing pain in mu occiput area of head on both sides.
I want to live. Is there any treatment for this disease of mine. It is really painful. Is medical science helpless in curing this disease as Allopathic and Homoeopathic doctors are of the same opinion that there is no permanent cure for this disease. Please help me.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: neuro fibro

Sorry this is the first time I came to this section. I was looking for something similar.

NF (spelling is Neurofibromatosis) has two variations, NF1 (more common, about 1 in 4000) and NF2 (about 1 in 20,000 I think).

Speaking about the more common, one will notice cafe'a'lait spots (darker pigmentation of the skin, "coffee stains"). Also the better known of tumors frequently on the chest, and back.

It tends to spur up during adolesence in children who have it, and with women who also have it, it will also become active when they are pregnant due to hormonal fluxuations.

For remedies, Not a lot to say on that. I can comment that I had a tumor removed from my left theigh as a child, and the following year I had an astrocytoma removed from the left hemisphear of the brain (benign thankfully). My left hand has growths on it that I had operated on in 1999 to remove some of.

If the growths are causing pain most likely they are entangled on a sensory nerve that could be causing the problem.

I had a tumor on my optic nerve located that was observed for over 10 years. Recently (last fall) the MRI showed that growth had shrunk without any operation or procedure being conducted. No medication or treatment (natural or man made) was administered for the tumors.

Back to facts on NF. NF is typically inherited, but it can also be caused by genetic mutation, as it was in my case (no family history on either side). It can be genetically tested for if need be.

--Travis

Hope that helps...

Side note, The one effect I have caused by the brain tumor being removed when I was a child is I have seizures.

Last edited by Travis from MN; 02-17-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread