It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
(male)

Digitalbooty HB User
Radiologist says one thing, neurologist says another.

I had an MRI done on my brain about a 2 years ago because I thought I had a tumor or something similar because of random dizziness I was experiencing. The radiologist wrote in the report that there was activity deep within the white matter of my brain. I got worried and saw a neurologist. the neurologist looked at it and said he didn't know what the radiologist was talking about because the MRI looked completely normal to him. This relieved me for two years and the dizziness went away and I just figured it was all from anxiety.

About two weeks ago, I started to notice my mind wasn't working as quickly as it should. Very minor stuff, like I'd try to remember a friends name but it would take a sec for it to come to me or I'm trying to decide which word to describe something in conversation. I know everyone does this, but it seems like it happens 5-10 times a day (usually not saying things out loud, but thinking them to myself.)

I didn't think much about and just figured I've always been that way and that I was just now starting to pay attention to how often that happens.

I've then started getting tension headaches everyday for about 5 days now. They are usually in one side in my neck and go up to the top of my scalp. They start in the middle of the day (usually at work) and get worse as the day goes on. When I wake up in the morning, they're gone. They don't get worse with physical activity, either. I work in front of a computer screen and "play" in front of computer screens all day. I'm 25 and I've had this job for a year now and I'm just now starting to get these headaches. I know this is likely eye or neck strain and I may have to go to a physician to get this properly diagnosed, but I have anxiety issues and always assume the worst. I'm going on a trip tomorrow and want to be able to enjoy myself without worrying about this. I just kind of need my mind eased.

Not having a clear answer on the MRI has me double thinking about all this and worrying about it. Is it likely this is serious?

Last edited by Digitalbooty; 06-20-2007 at 01:13 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Digitalbooty:
bsvanweelden (06-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
(male)

Digitalbooty HB User
Re: Radiologist says one thing, neurologist says another.

Hopefully not?

Old 06-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
(male)

spidercomrade HB User
Re: Radiologist says one thing, neurologist says another.

It doesn't sound terribly serious. Maybe your trip will do you good! Worrying about it without talking to the neurologist or radiologist again probably doesn't help with anxiety... I know that whatever is wrong with me hasn't been cured by worried, probably only aggravated. The best I can do is to tell you not to worry, and talk to another doctor if it interferes with your life.

Closed Thread