It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

extremelyworrie HB User
Unhappy multiple symptoms no answers from 2x gynaes&a neurologist

Hi i am a 23yr old female for the past 10 months i have been experiencing the following:
(please note it is a long list but im being serious when i say i experience all of them in a high amount so please don't think im overacting)

Continuous dark brown or murky vaginal discharge with odor (all month round), severe headaches, dark under eyes, tiny pimples on arms, sharp lower abdominal pains, lethargic, leg aches, diarrhea or constipation(one or the other switching between the two for days at a time), constantly cold (even when sunny i still wear jerseys), tearfulness, easy bruising, dry & damaged hair, forgetfulness, low immune system.

periods are regular and have been put on a pill to try and sort my problems but to no avail.

i have been to 2 gynae's had pap smears and am fully clear according to them(excluding ovarian cysts which i have), had full bloods done and all fine there. can anyone please help as i have run out of options and cant carry on life like this, im worried its something more serious and not easily detectable. my grandmother&mother both had endometriosis but i have not been tested for this as it requires a laparoscopy. please may anyone with experience or knowledge help me with some advice as where to go next!?

thanks
extremelyworriedsa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: multiple symptoms no answers from 2x gynaes&a neurologist

Your symptoms REALLY sound like a thyroid issue, specifically hypoactive thyroid. Did you doctor test you for this when doing the blood panel? Request a T3, not just THS count.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
(female)

extremelyworrie HB User

hi thanks for the reply! i had a free T4 and TSH done they didnt do the T3(i heard it was more expensive thats maybe why they didnt do it!?) the free T4 was 14.46 pmol/l anf the TSH was 3.33 which according to most people is within the accepted bracket. so confusing as i also thought it could be thyroid so maybe i need to get a T3 done!?

Old 01-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

According to the other websites I've looked at, your levels indicate that you are hypothyroid.

Have you researched your levels on the Internet? You should! And get a second and third opinion!

If your doctor ran a test called total T4, normal range is approximately 4.5 to 12.5. If you had a low reading and a high TSH, your doctor might consider that indicative of hypothyroidism. This is YOU!

Last edited by LauraLu; 01-01-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: add

Old 01-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #5
(female)

pebbles224 HB User

Yes, this sounds lke a thyroid issue. I have one and remember the days that I had to wear pants, long-sleeved and jacket b/c you heard it was cold and know your cold EVERYWHERE. Always tired even though get enough sleep. Sleep in but it doesn't make whole lot of difference. You don't have to go to a Endo, but make sure that the Dr. you go to BELIEVES in T4/T3 combo. Have be careful that doc doesn't just prescribed T4 as so many do b/c of their own fear for your body stop producing TSH totally. I would ask the dr. that question first. Then mae sure when draw labs its a TSH test and other thyroid. Many dr.'s only test one which doesn't provide NEEDED

Old 01-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #6
(female)

extremelyworrie HB User

yup thats what i think, i read that as of 2003 the official markers were changed for TSH aswel down to 0.3 - 3 which indicates that i am above by 0.33 and also the T4 im 2 above the regular 12.5 at 14.46. im going to try get restested by another private doctor this time and see if he is willing to start me on T3 meds(will prob do a T3 test first) otherwise will have to use some selenium supplementation to increase my T4 to T3 conversion. felt like i was going crazy getting all theses symptoms and hearing from a doctors that it was ok.. guess they stil using old levels. thanks for your help!!

Closed Thread