It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

jberry73 HB User
Question Otherwise healthy 42 year old male...

Looking for help anyway possible. My brother, 42 years old, and healthy, other than a little overweight, experienced tingly lips, and finger tips, as well as confusion/disorientation, and a headache last Tuesday. So, I week ago today. Initial test thought he had a stroke, but MRI proved not the case. There is a lesion on the left side of his brain. (all other symptoms, with exception of headache have ceased.) He had a spinal to rule encephlitis, which came back negative. Neuro Surgeon said he believes the episode was a seizure and started him on medicine for that. He really did not seem overly concerned about the lesion, stating that he only has this one picture and he is not sure if this has been there for years, or is new. But, he "believes" it has been there and is not cancerous. Only test were 1 cat scan and MRI's. One with contrast AND one without. Fast forward to today, 1 week later. STILL has the headache, very sleepy, forgetful, irritable. Yet, we have no answers. No two doctors are saying the same thing. Yes seizure, no seizure. Etc. Thoughts on what route we should take now? He is definately not himself, and the headache is concerning. On scale of 1-10, he is rating an 8 today. Any advice would be great.

Last edited by jberry73; 01-11-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

Closed Thread