It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User
Never been so scared :(

I have been feeling ill for over 8 months. it took a LOT of begging to get my Dr to arrange for an MRI. I had the scan Monday last week.

Yesterday I had a message on my home phones answerphone. It was the consultant at the hospital. He told me he needed to talk to me and could I ring his secretary and leave my mobile number. I did this and now and anxiously waiting for the call.

If the consultant rings I am assuming it is bad news. I would imagine a letter would be sent if it was all okay? Anyone ever had a call from a Consultant and it Not being bad news? I am so freaked out right now - I am pacing the floor watching the phone

The following user gives a hug of support to AmandaB:
sjb (03-19-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
(female)

florio614 HB User
Re: Never been so scared :(

Hello Amanda!

Just a small piece of comforting words.
I hope and pray your instincts were wrong. And if ever it might be right, please focus more on the side that you want to know what's wrong and have the cure on it, rather than being afraid of having it forever.
My prayers....

Last edited by florio614; 03-03-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User

Thank you.

There is a big part of me that just wants to know. But the fear of it being something that they cannot cure scares me more. I watch my baby crawling around the floor and I don't want to miss a single part of him growing up

Thank you for your kind words.

sjb (03-19-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
(female)

florio614 HB User

You're welcome!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

It is pretty scary, wondering. You have been worried for a long time now, and it is ALWAYS better knowing what you are facing. Please post and let us know how it goes for you. Sera.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi just for future reference with a test, sometimes the clinician can be nicely asked what was seen.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User

I just wanted to pop back in to tell you what the consultant told me.

He said that my scan showed a 'bright white area (high signal)' and that after reviewing it with the consultant radiologist they agreed that the best thing to do is to repeat the MRI in 3 months to see if the area has changed in size or location.

Has anyone else had anything similar told to them?

Thanks again for your help and support xxxxx

sjb (03-19-2011)
Old 03-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi an AMAS test can be done twice to check to see if it is cancer and it is much cheaper than the MRI even when done twice to be sure there is no false result. Even a 3rd time would still be cheaper and it would help give a bit of comfort if it is benign. Of course everyone makes their own decisions.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #9
(female)

berberry HB User

My 13 year old sister weak up losing her leg and hand on the left side. I mean she couldn't move them. Before this happen she had no problem at all she just weak up like this. How could this disorder happen on kids. After we took her hospital there were lots of up and downs because the doctors couldn't figure out what exactly was her problem. Because her heart ultrasound, Spinal cord MRI was okay. Doesn't show any problem. But finally after she was tested for EEG they found something and they ordered brain MRI and they said they found little infection they also said it was not tumor and no bleeding on her brain. so she start medication. They ordered her doxylag, acyclovir, tegretol CR and other medication every 6 hr by injection. After one month she start recovering and she start to move her fingers and leg and she even start walking. it is two month now since this whole thing happened. What scares me most is now she is getting where this was when she walk her left leg starts bends in the middle like the Dr's kick you with that hummer in your knee. And what is more when she yon her left fingers bend and when she stretch her left leg bends too. What is this mean? Is this thing curable. Can you pleas advice what should be done to save this kid.

Closed Thread