It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
(male)

tkisnow HB User
Dolichoectasia of the basilar artery?

I am new here and like everyone else looking for help. I am a 43 year old male in good health except for this problem. A little over a year ago I started getting dizzy and hearing my heart in my left ear. I went to my primary Dr and she sent me to ENT. The ENT ruled out everything on his end and sent me to a Neurologist. The Neurologist said neuropathy of the feet and sent me to a chiropractor. The chiropractor looked at all my records and found in a letter from my Neurologist to my primary that I have a dominant left vertebral artery with dolichoectasia of the basilar artery and then told me that he is not going to touch me because of the risk of stroke. He also said I should look into this and get more answers. So almost a week later I finally got in touch with a Nurse practitioner at my neurologists office and she basically told me that no extreme sports or exercise due to the risk of dissection of the artery. But of course this is not enough information for me. I need to know if can anything be done to fix it? How dangerous is it? Do I need to see a different Dr. to find out more about this? Why did my neurologist send me to a chiropractor if is not allowed to manipulate me?
Thanks for any info/help

Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
(female)

cindisho HB User
Re: Dolichoectasia of the basilar artery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkisnow View Post
I am new here and like everyone else looking for help. I am a 43 year old male in good health except for this problem. A little over a year ago I started getting dizzy and hearing my heart in my left ear. I went to my primary Dr and she sent me to ENT. The ENT ruled out everything on his end and sent me to a Neurologist. The Neurologist said neuropathy of the feet and sent me to a chiropractor. The chiropractor looked at all my records and found in a letter from my Neurologist to my primary that I have a dominant left vertebral artery with dolichoectasia of the basilar artery and then told me that he is not going to touch me because of the risk of stroke. He also said I should look into this and get more answers. So almost a week later I finally got in touch with a Nurse practitioner at my neurologists office and she basically told me that no extreme sports or exercise due to the risk of dissection of the artery. But of course this is not enough information for me. I need to know if can anything be done to fix it? How dangerous is it? Do I need to see a different Dr. to find out more about this? Why did my neurologist send me to a chiropractor if is not allowed to manipulate me?
Thanks for any info/help
I just read this post from March this year and I want to tag onto this. A family member had stroke like symptoms twice now. An MRI this week has evidence intracranial dolichoectasia (IADE?) and he is headed with his MRI to a neurologist on Monday. Has anyone heard of any possible connection of IADE to Lyme Disease? Just wanting to cross all our Ts. His mother is a Lyme Disease sufferer for at least a decade. Family from Philadelphia suburbs, lots of natural area on their property.
Thanks for any help/info anyone has

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread