It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
(male)

12valve HB User
extensive facial nerve damage, smashed face in accident at work today

had a very bad work accident about 4 years ago, blunt trauma tore my forehead and a bit below my eye open, was extremely lucky walked away with a bad concution and didnt lose my eye and got a nice scar, went through about a year of recovery before feeling came back, no problems till today at work when I accidently bonked my scar dead center, couldnt open my eyes for about 3 minutes and within 5 I was dizzy nausiated had slurred speech and couldnt stand to well, I didnt hit my head hard enough to cause a concussion I dont think this is just nerves but from the first accident the damage was so bad it hasnt fully recovered, I doubt it will, when I started having uncontrolled head shakes and twitches they rushed me to the hospital, I wasnt coherent till about 6 hours later and before the accident I was upbeat and energetic I immediately became fatigued and wanted nothin more than to sleep

Doctor at the hospital couldn't understand just how extensive the nerve damage was from 4 years ago and just how sensitive the area has been since, he said its not swollen so your fine its just a concussion, I fought him a little bit trying to explain "Yeah I hit my head a bit hard but not enough to cause one" but I was so messed up I couldn't put up the fight to get the proper exam I needed, I only a few hours ago trusted myself to drive and get a coffee to get some air, now I am sitting here in excruciating pain, its radiating through the back of my left eye ( the one I almost lost) up and down the original torn and repaired area aswell as from my ear to the last 40% of my scalp, I cannot describe the pain I think it is only understandable to people who have had nerve damage and sustained a blow to that area again

what can I use to help ease the pain so I can work, am I in for another year of recovery? im still not right im having trouble typing this

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Curtis

The following user gives a hug of support to 12valve:
sjb (04-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: extensive facial nerve damage, smashed face in accident at work today

Hi a friend of mine lost his vision to the sides making tunnel vision with a head bang from a beam of wood that fell on him.

An MRI could be done I suppose to check for an aneurysm in case the injury weakened a vessel or in case a blood clot needs releasing with a surgery. I am surprised they did not do one immediately.

Closed Thread