It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

ceo44 HB User
Not sure if this is Neurological or not but Creepy Crawly Skin Sensations

If this does not sound neurological, can you please direct me on which forum to go under? I really need help with this, Not asking for a diagnosis just something it may sound like so I can read up on it and tell my Dr. Because he doesn't seem to be listening...

While trying to fall asleep I experience a creepy crawly sensation throughout my whole body, even on my face and arms, feet. This is also happening right now during the day. It feels like tiny bugs crawling all over me and sometimes I get a sharp "biting" feeling. Like something bit me but when I look, there's nothing there.

I looked online and I have many of the basic symptoms of RLS, but somehow I don't think it is because it happens all over my body. It seriously feels like the tiniest bugs are crawling across my skin and biting me.

Please, has anyone else dealt with this? I have asked my Dr's and they just brush it off as if it's nothing...

Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Not sure if this is Neurological or not but Creepy Crawly Skin Sensations

My primary doctor said my nerve sensations might be from my fibromyalgia. I also had low b-12 but with injections, it has reached back to normal, and it's not helpful with the nerve sensations. What your experiencing is tingling and yes you are posting in the right place. It can be caused by exposure to chemicals such as cancer treatments, alcoholism, or a side effect of some medications. It can be the result of kidney or liver failure, infectious disease or nutritional deficiencies especially B vitamins. It can also be due to diabetes, multiple sclerosis, or a connective tissue disease. Your spine can cause it if you have pinched nerves, but widespread, it's likely due to something else. If I was you, I'd ask the doctor for a blood test to check your vitamin level, do some ANA testing, a sugar test, and a brain MRI, or I'd ask for a referral to a neurologist, which is what you need.

The Following User Says Thank You to neveragain444 For This Useful Post:
ceo44 (05-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
(male)

Frosty28 HB User

I am having a similar issue, except its localized to one area of my body. I get a crawly/tingling sensation that runs up the back of my head to my scalp.

It often will happen to either side of my face, and its just strange/weird and is freaking me out. It is just very strange, because otherwise I am healthy.

Occasionally I experience a chills sensation in my general body, but I don't know if its related.

I already head blood work and a CT Scan, which ruled out major disorders like MS, etc.

I am scheduled to see a Neurologist soon. Have you considered getting checked out by a neurologist? My primary physician seems to brush it off as well. I know something is not right though.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Right now, I know it's coming from either MS or an autoimmune disease attacking my nerves. I haven't been able to get an MRI to check for MS yet. Am seeing a neurologist. Seems alot of my medications make this condition worse, so I have tried to stop taking them altogether, though the problem is still there, not quite so severe when I am not on multiple medications all at once, so I'm laying low with the meds. It helps keep the nerve issue under control.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

gayle779 HB User

Crusted scabies. They may have been on you for years and you never felt an itch. They multiply to hundreds of thousands or even millions, then the person feels bugs crawling on them. My doctors said I don't feel bugs crawling on me. I'm still looking for a knowledgeable doctor who knows about this condition. Do the ammonia test. Put some on a cotton ball and rub on your skin. Does it hurt, burn? If it does, you probably have scabies. Ammonia does not hurt or burn the skin normally. If you go to treat yourself, start with massage to get the nests cleaned out using Eucerin dry skin care or equate or vaseline. The medicated lotions hurt too much. I showed my doctors the bugs and they said, "vegetable matter." I said to one, "Dr. Mark, I am a caucasian woman and I don't have black things coming out of my body." He finally gave me the ivermectin with no cream to kill the bugs. These things are extremely contagious to anything you touch and everywhere you go. Funny thing, though, the only people who wore gloves were the ones at the emergency room.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

No, it's my pulse. Took it time to actually show itself but I can tell it's because my pulse is pounding, not the only problem I've had from it, I also get sharp pains and twitching under my skin, and ....... coronary artery disease runs in my family, what a shocker huh..

Old 02-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bugs can't explain shortness of breath, chest tightness, and irregular heart rhythms now can it??

I do not have bugs crawling all over me..

You know,, unless your OCD, and constantly clean, you could probably find microscopic bugs all over your home.. Truth be told.. I'd rather not talk about such a thing though, that groses me out..

Closed Thread