It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

cupcakelove HB User
Throbbing pain in my head? Is it a tumor?

For the past few days, I've been get a sharp, throbbing pain in the back of my head. It's been in the same spot every time it starts hurting. Like above my.ear, but closer to the top of my head. I haven't noticed anything that triggers it, it just started throbbing. Ibtfeels like someone's banging on the inside of my head with their knuckles. I wasn't sure if it could be a tumor or something, or occipital whatever. It just really hurts and I'm really young and I don't want to have a rumor and die. When I was working today it started hurting and it had me.on the verge of tears because it hurt so bad, and just now I was almost bawling because I was in so much pain. Has anyone.had this kind or thing before? Or did they all die of cancer? I'd really appreciate it someone knew what was wring and coulkd help me out.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
(female)

gypsi HB User
Re: Throbbing pain in my head? Is it a tumor?

Have you seen a doctor for this?
Have a ct-scan of the head recently?
Any head injuries lately? (the doctor will ask)

WE NEED BRAIN TUMOR/CANCER AWARENESS:

My teenage son has a slow growing BRAIN TUMOR/CANCER (midbrain) and is currently still undergoing treatment at a childrens' hospital.

He had MIGRAINE TYPE SYMPTOMS AND PRESSURE TYPE HEADACHES gradually show up at different times and they gradually became more and more obvious and more frequent over a long period of time (ABOUT 2 YEARS).

He was first diagnosed by his pediatrician with having MIGRAINES because nausea, sensitivity to light, blurry vision, "seeing stars," dissiness was also occuring. He did not have any ct scans done then. No mention of tumors or anything more serious.

We later took him to a psychologist/counselor because his grades at school eventually dropped to Ds' and then mostly Fs'. Also, because he looked tired/depressed all the time and was spacing out at school. He didn't look right but we couldn't pin point it. The diagnosis was bascially "DEPRESSION/ANXIETY" and "ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER." The reason for the lethargy was a "LACK OF SLEEP" and "PUBERTY."

I asked the school to do testing for special ed./IEP. I told the teachers to help him as he is struggling so much. All they did was make short comments on how he simply "DOESN'T APPLY HIMSELF." The school counselor asked him if he was doing drugs. So, the school did not share my concerns or insight with my son. They actually thought he was faking illness and headaches as they are obviously biased even after I asked for their help. They probably thought I was dillusional or overly concerned.

So......... later on we noticed that my son's face was looking slighly swollen and his eyes looked kind of sunken in. He looked around the room as a blind person does (odd head movements). The pediatrician suggested he see an optomologist. I made an appointment.

We never made it to that appointment. My husband yelled and stamped his feet for the doc to order a ct scan or MRI now! Our gut feeling told us that something was obviously REALLY wrong now.

A ct scan was done. That is when we discovered a tumor that eventually grew big enough to cause CSF blockage(hydrcephalus).

His prognosis looks good now. He will definately will not die with his type of brain cancer.

A CT SCAN or MRI earlier when the headaches first started to occur would have saved us a lot of grief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread