It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

jacq42 HB Userjacq42 HB User
Question EMG Test During & After

Hi all I would love to hear from anyone whom has had an EMG test carried out.
My test was on my leg,I can't walk properly I have arthritis,fibromyalgia, conversion disorder and ME.
Firstly the man who done the test said he would only have to do the first shock part but if it was not all ok he would have to insert the needles, so shocks were done followed by the needles ( which made a rumbling sound),which to be honest I barely felt I was then told my muscles were fine? I'm awaiting my results.
So the pain the next day was a little sore,however a week later and I'm in agony,I've done nothing to cause this horrific pain either.
Has any other members experienced this? Or can anybody relate to my EMG/ leg problems?
Any replies will be gratefully appreciated
Jacq

Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

Greetings HB UserGreetings HB UserGreetings HB User
Re: EMG Test During & After

I am having testing for Muscular Dystrophy and had the the same testing done 2 weeks ago on my legs and they are still quite sore, not horrific, but sore. My left leg has been sore since the testing, and today my right leg is sore where I was stuck with the needles. The testing did not hurt much though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
(female)

Greetings HB UserGreetings HB UserGreetings HB User

jacq42,

I am just wondering if you are still having pain from the EMG testing. I am still having lingering pain and it has been 3 weeks since I had the test done.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
(female)

jacq42 HB Userjacq42 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greetings View Post
jacq42,

I am just wondering if you are still having pain from the EMG testing. I am still having lingering pain and it has been 3 weeks since I had the test done.
Hi there well the pain is now gradually going but I must say the numbness in my leg has increased a lot.
I had another appointment about something else and the doctor told me the results were fine,nothing had showed up! But there was also a comment on the sacreen saying that the first part of the test with the little shock thing ( that I didn't feel) proved no response,so surely that must mean something? As usually a person would feel it?
I don't understand this at all,hope you get some relief and your results back soon.
Let me know how you get on
Take care
Jacq

Closed Thread