It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
(female)

Brandykaye HB User
Angry Severe migraines!!

I have suffered from SEVERE migraines for over a year now and they are very frequent, sometimes 3 times a week and sometimes last for DAYS. I miss a lot of work and have fear of losing my job because of this. My neurologist has prescribed me many preventative medications over the past 8 months and NOTHING works!! The only thing that helps just a little bit is the pain killers when im actually having a migraine and the muscle relaxers that help me sleep when im actually having one! I need help and relief! Even the pain killers dont take the pain away, they only lighten the pressure. These severe migraines started after I had my daughter in 2010, although i did have bad headaches while i was pregnant, they are nothing like the migraines i have now. I have blurred, spotty, or sometimes complete loss of vision in one or both eyes, numbness in fingers, hands, arms, toes, feet, legs, face, tongue, lips... Its very scary. The pain is unbearable. I can do nothing but scream, cry and vomit! I have had both MRI and CT of my brain and both came up normal... Can someone please give me some advice?

Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

gme HB User
Re: Severe migraines!!

Hi Brandy,

I am hesitant to mention this to you because I don't have personal experience with laser and migrains. I too have migraines, but I can treat them well with imitrex injections (the nasal spray and pills didn't help me). But I have been seeing a laser doctor for neuropathy on my feet, which I have written about on this board. He did say they are using it for migraines now too. Its called Class IV laser. I'm sorry I can't give you any information other than that he said people are being helped. Maybe you can look in that direction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

Hey sorry your going through this. I am a migraine sufferer too. Going on 32 years. I found a new Neurologist about a year and a half ago. My normal suffering was 20 + a month. I used to OD on Advil just to get by and be able to see. Even now I have severe photophobia. Anyway, since my new Neurologist changed my medication I have done very well. I now take Nortriptyline at night we started at 25 mg but are at 100mg, changed my Topomax also to 100mg. I do have Imitrex 100mg, but I rarely have the need now. My room is still a dungeon and I have changed what I eat. There is a list on Web MD for foods that cause headaches. I put myself through a 60 day trial and error of just the foods. Each one of the foods listed did cause a headache, some were small other quite severe and others quite quickly. I hope this helps you. I know this is late coming, I usually am not in this room. Take Care

Old 09-30-2011, 05:21 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandykaye View Post
I have suffered from SEVERE migraines for over a year now and they are very frequent, sometimes 3 times a week and sometimes last for DAYS. I miss a lot of work and have fear of losing my job because of this. My neurologist has prescribed me many preventative medications over the past 8 months and NOTHING works!! The only thing that helps just a little bit is the pain killers when im actually having a migraine and the muscle relaxers that help me sleep when im actually having one! I need help and relief! Even the pain killers dont take the pain away, they only lighten the pressure. These severe migraines started after I had my daughter in 2010, although i did have bad headaches while i was pregnant, they are nothing like the migraines i have now. I have blurred, spotty, or sometimes complete loss of vision in one or both eyes, numbness in fingers, hands, arms, toes, feet, legs, face, tongue, lips... Its very scary. The pain is unbearable. I can do nothing but scream, cry and vomit! I have had both MRI and CT of my brain and both came up normal... Can someone please give me some advice?
Have you tried firocet? I swear by it. Knock out a migraine in 20 minutes.

Closed Thread