It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
(male)

tj7472001 HB User
Dizziness, Fatigue, Weakness.

Hello. I am 20 yr old. I live in Hawaii. This last year I have had 4 almost fainting spells. I would be showering, then all of a sudden my vision gets blurry and I am about to pass out.

I started to get mild to severe fatigue mid day. After getting 9 hr sleep/night.

I went to see my dad this summer on the mainland, and woke up with a soar throat and headache. Then I took too much ibuprofin and aggrevated an ulcer I had, or acidic stomach. That day, I started to have very heavy legs, or weakness. I am in okay shape, toned muscle wise, ect... height weight porportional, I surf, ect...

so anyway, I started to get very severly fatigued during the week, where I knew I had a fluke or weird virus that would eventually run its course. Then, shortly after, I got horrible pressure near my sinuses, where I felt someone was literally drilling into my nose or something. No runny nose or congestion feeling, just pressure. The doc said my blood work was fine and that I was just having seasonal allergies.

My neck became stiff. I would crack it and it lightning shock would happen, very nervy shooting for split second. Working out became difficult as all my muscles very tight and heavy. I just didnʻt feel right, or like myself. I started to get mad anxiety which made it worse, and I was loosing sleep. My lower eye lids then became dark and puffy.

Then, I started to get dizzy. Not spinning, just wooozy and heavy headed when looking up. I finally came back to hawaii and saw a clinic doctor who diagnosed me with a sinus infecion. I took amoxicillin and started to feel better almost immediatly. the pressure went away, I was surfing again, I felt better and clearer. Still woozy, but manageable.

Then, 8 days later, it all came back worse than it started. I went to the ER. they said my sinuses were crystal clear. Blood work normal. CT of head normal.

I saw a primary care doctor who said I had tmj disorder and bppv. I started to get spins.

I started doing acupuncture and exersizes to get crystals back in place, but I do not think (and an ENT doctor told me this) that my other symtoms would be caused by positional vertigo and that my dizziness problem could be caused by something else - as I wake up every morning, lightheaded, stiff, dizzy, (I am not really ʻspinningʻ anymore except when I try to go to bed or ride in the car a long time) My neck is KILLING me. I get occiptial migraines daily in the back of my head and neck, along with that tick of a lightning electric shock if I tweak my head. I canʻt look up or down without feeling off balance and heavy headed.

Some days I feel like I am not human, or that I am looking in from a dream. I can hear what people say, understand it, know it in my head, but to answer sometimes is very difficult.

I see a neurologist soon. Hopefully he can help me. I did live in Maryland until I was 14, so I donʻt know if this could be late lymeʻs disease, because we have no history of MS in our family. I just do not feel right. I left for the mainland feeling ʻokayʻ and I came back a stranger, even to myself.

I do have anxiety, but my symtpoms pass as does the anxiety. I do not wake up with flu like symtpoms that persist and get worse after a specific date. I know, for a fact, that is not anxiety caused. Especially after traveling. I know and have been trained in how to handle panic attacks (where you physically feel you are going to die until 20 minutes later)

Exersizes for the dizziness have not worked. I hear people overcome bppv after a week or 2, this has been weeks, and coming into months. I am 20, also. As for my stiff joints and muscles, it feels like I am wearing shoes with weights in them. My arms feel heavy, too.

There is tingling daily on the left side of my head and face, and I am getting muscle spams from my neck to my knee where you can sometimes see jumping. ***? I just laugh at it now, because if its something serious, so be it. I would like to know and I feel I am taking this **** very well. My only fear is the doctors - I am going on five doctors at once at Maui Medical Group - and I do not want to be listed an an anxiety patient because I am certain something has changed from mid july on. I have had 10x worse anxiety in the past, and never symptoms like these that suddenly happen out of NOWHERE??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply