It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

hawk1 HB User
facial nerve damage due to chemical burns?

I have been diagnosed by a board certified EI physician with chemical sensitivity after months of excessive exposure to air fresheners and scented candle at work which resulted in a toxic reaction which included a severe burning throughout my face, eyes and nose. He stated that I have suffered chemical burns to my face which damaged the pigmentation. Immediately after the first toxic reaction, I developed permanent visible red spider veins throughout my cheeks and nose. Whenever I am exposed to any chemical based fragrances, my face, eyes and nose starts burning with the veins on top of my nose changing from red to purple, along with other health complications. Would this type of chemical burn result in damaging the nerves in my face? Regardless of the treatments that are initiated, nothing takes the burning out of my face and eyes immediately after an exposure and may take days to ease the pain. Would it be worthwhile to seek treatment from a neurologist or a dermatologist? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by hawk1; 12-13-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Reply Reply