It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

JanieRunaway HB User
Post Wreck Pains

I was involved in an accident in mid-November. I had just given a dozen vials of blood for testing, rested for a few minutes, given an apple juice then left the doctor (I felt absolutely fine, by the way). The last thing I remember was turning from the doctor's office onto a divided four-lane road to another appointment.

My guess is that at some point I blacked out or was not dealing well due to my just having given blood, and I run low pressure anyway. A car going approximately 45mph had t-boned me when I was turning left, as I don't remember the accident, I can't say exactly what happened. I must have smacked the caved in passenger side pretty hard. Anyway, I received no broken bones, but am left with some problems. I am on anti-seizure medication due to the seizure I had right after the accident and I vomited all over the steering wheel. I am glad I cannot remember it! I woke up in the hospital the next day and was there four more days.

I go to see a neurologist at the end of the month. What can I expect them to check? I am still dizzy at times, especially when I bend over or even tilt my head back. (Spinal doctor said I have a bulging disc in my neck which should correct itself eventually.) My balance is still off, and my left foot and leg do not work quite like they used to. Could this be muscular or perhaps neurological? What will the doctors likely want to do?

Reply Reply