It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

lemonshanks HB User
Minor Head Injury Concerns

Last night I fell onto my bed in my exhaustion and hit the back of my head (a bit right and down from the crown) on my stationery laptop. There was no immediate symptoms of concussion, and I managed to sleep for several hours last night without problem. However, there is now the sensation of a bruise at the point of impact. I was wondering if this is enough for me to feel concerned. How long after an injury like this am I at risk of developing concussion? Was the injury not severe enough to have caused any problem? I have health anxiety issues and this has thrown me into several panic attacks since it happened. It has been about 14 hours since the injury. Should I be worried?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Minor Head Injury Concerns

I would say that if you are fourteen hours since the first injury and are not having symptoms you should be safe. Just watch out for another injury. These can add up on you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bruise, concussion, head injury, injury