It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

pinkcell HB User
Question Help!!????

In December I started having these episodes that the doctor has categorized as some sort of seizure. It starts of very suddenly. I start feeling VERY tired, then start having what feels like electricity that is running all over the front part of my brain, (in the forehead part) then it travel to around my ears. When this happens I get this really strange feeling, kind of like I am confused, but I understand. I do not know if this makes sense or not. I can make a sentence in my head, but when I try to say something, it comes out all jumbled, and not at all the way that I had thought it. I went to the ER at this time, ( it happened twice). I did not have TIA's, and stroke was ruled out). After being released from the hospital, I had a migraine headache that lasted for 13 days, and I lost my memory from that day on. I do not remember anything other that the severe pain that I had in my head, and that nothing OTC would help with the pain. I talked to my PCP and she referred me to the epilepsy foundation and I am still waiting to see a neurologist. I am now taking 100 mg of Topamax daily, and it seemed to have been working up until this past week, when I had two of the "seizures", and I am having the headaches again. Has anyone else had anything like this, or do you know what this is?

Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Help!!????

I have autonomic headaches. They can cause blindness, slurred speech and symptoms that appear to be seizures. You may have seizures or something like mine. I would first wait to see if you do have siezures. Then we can go from there.

Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply