It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

AmyAnonymous HB User
mra brain report says i have foci what does it mean?

Can someone help me read my brain mrA report? it's confusing bc it says that it's a normal report but then there's abnormality. Im only going to type the parts that seem abnormAl. Just a little background: I had an MRI of the brain done and that revealed a Mini lacunar stroke. Then my doc got a Doppler done and he said I had blockAge in my Arteries and so then he told me to get a brAin MRA angiography. Here is the report:

FLAIR images of the brain demonstrate a few tiny punctate foci of increased signal intensity within the subcortical white
matter of both frontal lobes. No other area of abnormal signal intensity is present within the brain parenchymA. There is no area of restricted diffusion within the brAin to indicate acute infarction. No mass lesion or extra axial fluid collection is present.

CONCLUSION:

1. Normal MR angiOgram of the brain. Specifically there is no evidence of focal stenosis In the region of the left anterior cerebrAl artery circulation

2. There are a few tiny high T2 signal intensity foci scattered the sub cortical white matter of both frontal lobes. This represents a non specific finding with the most likely etiology being areas of gliosis to prior ischemia or inflammation. This finding may be seen in the context of migrAine headaches. There is no brain edema or restricted diffusion to indicate acute infarctiOn

Can anybody help????? I don't get why the Doppler saw blockage And this doesn't show anything. Wuts up with foci? I'm 25 years old and any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
Re: mra brain report says i have foci what does it mean?

It's possible he found a blockage in your neck with the doppler and just wanted to make sure you didn't have any in your head. Hope this helps.

Reply Reply