It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

kiwigirl63 HB User
Unhappy flinging arm(right) and violent twitches after needle stick injury

Hi,I'm at a loss.Last year I had a cannula put in my arm.At the time was been inserted it really hurt and felt like I had been zapped,I told the nurse and she moved the needle back and forth which was incredibly sore.I was administered pain relief and was very zonked as had mine on top of this strong one earlier.Anyhow I was sent home soon after and didn't realize the needle was still in my arm until got in my shower,I panicked and slipped and fell and hit my head after landing on my shoulder as well,also moving the canulla.The pain was intense but I was dizzy and unable to see proparly and had to leave needle in over night.I live alone,was late and was a shocking night.In the morning I was vomiting and dizzy and couldn't drive,finally I got to hospital,they removed it thank god.
5days later I got an infection in my throat and my arm was sore as anything and Luke I was getting electric shock.
I saw my Dr for throat infection,he said rest so I did and came right in my throat.
But since then my arm is constantly twitching,like big ones and I will spill or drop whatever is in my right hand,burning myself or wearing my breakfast,as its at its worst In the morning.
I havent asked my Dr as I thought it was something horrible so put it aside but its there more and more and when using fingers to type I twitch and hit wrong key and right up to shoulder aches.
I can't handle this and I wish I new what it was.I get same tingling,not pain where needle was..no pain there..only shoulder and tingles in my pinky and ring finger and thumb a lot and shaking my hand helps for a bit.I also occasionally drop things and suffer weakness in one arm.
Please someone help its driving me nuts..
Thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply