It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
(male)

davidohk HB User
Elbow/Ulnar Nerve Tingling?

Hi guys, I tried googling this problem instead of posting but I wasn't too sure if what I was finding applied to me so I just decided to post and see if anyone could help me out. So, I'm a pretty young kid only 16 years old, and recently I noticed that whenever I bench press I would feel some kind of string like thing roll over my elbow when I push the barbell back up from my chest. There isn't any pain or snapping/popping noise, but I immediately had bad feelings about it. After I bench, I start feeling this weird tingling feeling in my elbow, bottom side of the forearm and even in the bottom side of my palm and last two fingers. I tried googling this stuff and kind of concluded on my own that my ulnar nerve was popping out of its groove every time I bench but many other people describe it with a popping noise or pain of some sort. I feel neither of those I only feel the tingling afterwards and I feel something rolling over my elbow. Could anyone help me out here because I'm totally clueless. I don't want to be restricted from benching and I don't think I can go to the doctor at the moment.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User
Re: Elbow/Ulnar Nerve Tingling?

Hi David,

It is your ulnar nerve (funny bone) you are feeling. You positively identified it with the numbing of the edge of the hand and the 4th and 5th fingers. You may have to change the positions in lifting, in which you are rolling the nerve over your elbow. Damage (such as I have) will result in difficulty in holding onto items and frequently dropping things.

Good luck and be careful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
(male)

davidohk HB User

ok thanks sir, but how exactly should i change my position because i honestly dont know what to change.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User

Talk to your trainer about different lifting positions by changing hand placement or a different routine to work on the same muscle group.

Good luck.

Reply Reply