It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
(female)

LApea HB User
So many symptoms... please help! Long post..

Hello, this is my first post on this site and I am just desperate.

Let me start by saying that I am 30 years old and had my first child 8 weeks ago. I had a normal pregnancy, until the last trimester when I developed high blood pressure and swelling. I was induced with an epidural, and gave birth vaginally.

3 days after birth my problems started. I had started getting heart palpitations, chills, really high blood pressure and a sense of doom. I went to the hospital, they gave me antibiotics and said I had an infection. After that my problems only got worse. I started having irregular heartbeats, my heart felt like it was flip flopping, for 2 days straight. Went to the ER, nothing found on the EKG, blood work was fine.

Irregular heartbeats lessened at this point. I then started to get really hot internally, but no fever. My hands would tremble and I just felt jittery. I've developed so many problems, it's just easier if I list them.
-Trembling hands
-Ice pick headaches(rarely)
-Tingling on legs, feet, arms, head
-Back and muscle pain( sore like I've worked out)
-Joints hurt
-Heavy feeling in chest
-Black floater in right eye
-Urge to have a bowel movement as soon as I wake up
-Frequent urination
-Ringing/clogged feeling in ears
-Heaviness feeling in right arm
-Feeling disconnected from my body
-General unwell feeling
-Twitching muscles on different parts of my body
-Fatigue
-Feeling out of it and like I'm getting less sharp.
-Feeling of wanting to jump out of my own skin.

There are probably a few others that I can't think of right now. I've seen many doctors who say it is Anxiety. While yes, a small part can be anxiety because I am so scared of what it happening to my body, I feel like I am slowly dying, or that I will drop dead because that is how bad I feel.

I have had 5 CBC, all normal. A CT scan of the head and abdomen, normal. ANA test, Cortisol, Thyroid, Hormone levels checked, normal.
Clinical assessment by Neurologist ( strength tests, reflexes, etc.) normal. I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow, and am so scared. I just know something is off and I keep getting worse.

I was perfectly healthy before pregnancy, and generally healthy during. The only thing that happened was I received a Pertussis and Rubella Vaccine before leaving the hospital, the day before all this occurred. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with my problems or what, I'm just scared I'm dying.

Sorry for the long post, any input is welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: So many symptoms...please help! Long post..

More of a question than answers-was your infection in the uterus? Has anyone done a pelvic exam since the antibiotics to make sure it cleared up? Sometimes a low grade infection can persist and make one feel really crummy with non-specific symptoms that are hard to pin down. I would see your OB and make sure your uterus feels normal and not tender. Also have you had a urine check for infection (frequent urination). The OB office can do that too. Are you breast feeding? Any red or painful areas in the breast? It seems that post partum complications would be the obvious place to start looking.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
(female)

LApea HB User
Re: So many symptoms...please help! Long post..

Thanks for the reply.
Yes all postpartum issues have been addressed. Pelvic exam, Ct Scan of pelvic region, urine analysis, pap smear, ultrasound of pelvic area, breast exam. Everything came back normal, so as of now, it's not related to postpartum issue.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

Jennko HB User
Re: So many symptoms... please help! Long post..

What was your MRI result??

Old 08-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
(female)

LApea HB User

Thanks for asking.

My MRI was normal, nothing was found. I'm basically back to square none because I don't know anymore. I don't have insurance anymore, so I'm basically going to wait and see and hope I get better. I feel a lot better though so that is a good sign.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
(female)

Jennko HB User

That is good news about the MRI. I'm also glad to hear you are feeling better. Cheers to better health!!

Reply Reply