It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
(female)

Cranberries1985 HB User
Migraines and then some

Im not exactly sure this is the right forum to be posting in, but here goes nothing!

im 27, have been diagnosed with Sciatica, and had a back injury that was undiagnosed when I was 15 ( I was kicked in my lower back...the sciatica was diagnosed after a work related injury), and have had migraines my entire life. Two weeks ago I was having sex with my husband and from the start couldn't feel anything inside of me...the next morning, I couldn't feel that I had to pee and noticed I couldn't feel anything at all anywhere below my neck...I could walk and had no problem with balance but I couldn't feel it even when I cut myself...I was pretty freaked out to say the least as this has never happened...I took a hot shower and after about 45 mins the symptoms went away...Also, prior to this, for a week straight I woke up every single morning with a really bad headache, close to a migraine but not exactly. and it was always on my right side near my hairline. Since then, i've had a lot of weird symptoms...no more numbness thankfully but pins and needle feeling on my left leg (usually lower leg, and near my ankle) and in my left arm, slight balance issues that have gone away, and the newest symptom is dizzy and light headed.
Im posting here because I do not have insurance, and to be honest im scared to go to the doctor. The first thing that popped in my head when this all started happening was MS, but two other people, one a doctor and one a nurse, said it sounds more like a back injury and pinched nerves. Also reading up on Hemiplegic Migraines, besides the auras I have all the symptoms, I guess I just wanted advice and to see if anyone had any insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply