It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

Juttin3 HB User
Muscle weakness/cramping , headaches ,docs unable to diagnosis

Hello, i am 32 male and for the past 5-7 years I have been getting muscle cramping weakness in most all muscles both sides of body. I am currently seeing a neurologist and have been to infectious disease doc, orthopedic, rhuemetud doc. Recently neurologist has done all blood work , emg arms legs neck , MRI head ,mra head, MRI neck/spine. Symptoms are Mainly arms , hands, neck, legs. I also get headaches almost 3-5 times a week. Also tiredness. Most cramping/burning starts from repetitive motion. I go to dentist and can't keep mouth open for more then couple min before jaw starts burning/hurting and i need to rest it for few min then it's ok for few min etc. my arms seem to have it happen most if raised above my head or if I use screw driver ,same cramping burning, then rest and good for few min then hurts again. Some muscles are fine as I can lift a 80 lb ladder at work but most are bad. Headaches she said are probly from eyes cramping. I have had Lyme disease almost 18 years ago and was treated. Blood work all showed fine and emg test showed some myopathy . The only MRI that showed any thing was the neck And that showed small disc herniation at c5-c6 with mild compression of the left side of spinal cord. Also small disc herniation at c3-4 and c6-7 without spinal cord or nerve compression . The neurologist doesn't think the neck is causing my muscle pains, especially the jaw ,she said c2 would cause that. Now she wants me to get a muscle biopsy . I can upload any images if a doc would like to see. I just feel like no one can figure this out and I am stressed every day because I feel no good.

She wanted to rule out mythenia gravis so she gave me a script for that med but it made no difference.

Last edited by Juttin3; 08-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Juttin3:
annie193 (08-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Muscle weakness/cramping , headaches ,docs unable to diagnosis

I can sure relate. THe muscle cramping is horrific. I see a neurologist and a rheumotologist. I do have fibromyalgia but that really hasn't been a problem. I also have night sweats.
I am still on my search to find out what is going on. In the meantime, I am finding if I drink half a pedialyte every day, I don't have the cramping as much. I drink a lot of water but it apparently is not enough. Dyhydration can cause headaches too. I do have hypoglaucmia so if I eat something sweet in the evening I can wake up with a headache too

The Following User Says Thank You to Mel52 For This Useful Post:
annie193 (08-17-2012)
Reply Reply