It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
(male)

JS627 HB User
Can anyone please put this MRI report in terms I can understand?

Can someone explain to me what this means. Does this mean I have some disc herniation's?

Examination: MRI of the Cervical spine
Diagnosis code: 729.2, 723.1
History: Headache, neck pain, right mid back pain, right arm pain

Comparison: 03/15/11

Technique: Sagittal T1 and T2-weighted sequences; axial T2* and T2 sequences.

Findings:
Sagittal sequences: Cervical vertebral bodies are well aligned. Vertebral body heights are maintained. Uniform marrow signal intensity is present. Hemangioma felt present inferiorly and anteriorly at C2. Mild spondylosis is present at all levels being most prominent at C5-6. No superimposed disc extrusion is seen at any level. The cord appears abutted and flattened ventrally at C5-6. The cord does not appear displaced or compressed. The canal is patent. No alteration of cord signal intensity identified.

Axial sequences:
Craniocervical junction: No Chiari malformation or other compressive lesion.

C1-2: Some mild thickening of the transverse ligament. Otherwise normal.

C2-3: Minimal spondylosis. No cord compromise. Canal and foramina patent. Mild facet change.

C3-4: Mild spondylosis. Process more prominent centrally. Minimal flattening of the cord ventrally. No extrusion or cord signal alteration. Foramina patent. Mild facet change.

C4-5: Mild spondylosis. Process more prominent centrally to the left. Flattening of the cord ventrally. No extrusion or cord signal alteration. Minimal foraminal narrowing on the right. Mild facet change.

C5-6: Spondylosis with a posterior bar. Flattening of the cord ventrally. No extrusion or cord signal alteration. Foramina patent. Mild facet change.

C6-7: Mild spondylosis. Flattening of the cord ventrally. No extrusion or cord signal alteration. Foramina patent. Mild facet change.

C7-T1: Minimal spondylosis. No protrusion or extrusion. Canal and foramina patent. Mild facet change.

Impression: Mild spondylosis changes at multiple levels as described. The disease process appears to be increased slightly from the earlier study. No soft disc extrusions or obvious axillary pouch/nerve root compromise. Some flattening of the cord ventrally without cord signal alteration. Mild facet change.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
(female)

Lollypat HB User
Re: Can anyone please put this MRI report in terms I can understand?

No extrusion probably means there is no hernia toon of the discs. It sounds like you do have some changes in your vertebrae that has made some minor differences to your discs but there is no her inaction now.

I'm not a doctor, but that's what I get out of it.

Reply Reply

Tags
mri report interpretation, neck back pain