It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #61
(female)

katrae HB User
Re: foot drop?

Hi Alice, thanks for filling me in on your circumstances. It helps to know others are dealing with my similar problem. I'm healthy otherwise as well, this nerve damage mess is so aggravating. I keep wanting my leg to wake-up! Smell the coffee! It all happened in a few hours, why can't it go away as fast...............

Feel like I messed my nerves up with running around 20 miles a week for about 13 years. I went to walking the last two years, making a total of 15 years. Finally I ground to a halt, then six months ago had the hip replaced. Woke up from surgery with no feeling in my foot. Over time I've noticed less sensation over-all. My lower arms can "go to sleep" in the night and wake me with pain; but not often. All due to nerve damage.

Isn't it interesting how much better we do in a store with a shopping cart? It amazes me, and I don't understand why it's this way. I can go so much longer/farther with a cart. Seems I do better walking in the woods too, but use an old time walking-stick. Vanity keeps me from using my cane more often. You do extremely well having to deal with the leg being stiff, and not bending! Feel sure you count your blessings, as I do too.

Same here, the more we move around the better off we are. Feel like I'll be more physical when I give up the book shop. Love taking care of my yard here in town, although not at the same level I once did. Have a special guy friend who has a beautiful cabin in the woods. One daughter in a town about 40 miles from me, a grown granddaughter. Life is very full/good.

I've been rubbing on my outer calf a lot. Hoping it will keep it warm, and also maybe stimulate the nerve. Will see my surgeon again late January, that will be ten months since this happened to me. Maybe another EMG test to see if anything is improving (surgeon said most do not recover from drop foot.) Do feel I can move the forefoot a bit, compared to no movement for six months.

Enjoy the candy apple! It sounds perfect about now! We have a short trip to the coast of South Carolina soon. I plan to eat seafood until I bust, lol.

Don't worry about a reply. I know I can go on and on, too much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply