It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
(female)

Dstewartfl HB User
Undiagnosed Seizures while sleeping

Hello All,

My husband seems to be a mystery to the medical world. His issues began with syncope's, followed by migraines, blurred vision, dizziness, etc. He has been put through all kinds of testing, mri's,mra's, ct's, heart cath (blood pressure spiked and tanked) eeg, ekg, vision tests, hearing tests, etc. Only to prove nothing. In July, I witnessed him have a seizure type activity while he was asleep. It happened again that same night after I went to sleep and several times since. We are wondering if it is happening more often than we know....I wake up when his hand is banging on me, or the headboard. He does not know it is happening...he just knows when he comes to and I'm looking over him, he thinks I woke him up, and he knows how exhausted he is the next day. I have not been able to locate any similiar seizures on you tube....when he is in the midst of one, he looks like his body is being electrocuted and his arms and hands kinda flop around (he sleeps on his side wrapped around pillows so I think that is limiting his motion). He is on an apap machine and has bitten his tongue but has not wet himself. When I am a witness to this, I always remove his mask and just put my hand on his face. His pupils are super small when he opens his eyes and his mouth is dry, his head is spinning followed by incredible headache. Sometimes, his back is full of knots after an episode. He has been to the Mayo Clinic for the migraines - the doc's downplayed the seizure activity, they said "no, not a seizure. He didnt wet the bed and knew where he was shortly after". Just last Friday nite, he had one at 11:30 pm and then again 2pm Sat afternoon. Two within 24 hours. Noone took it serious until I caught it on video and uploaded it to his local neuro and his Mayo neuro. Now he has a 48 hr veeg lined up. Our luck will be, no seizure while he is hooked up. This is all so frustrating, and causing financial ruin because he cannot work...he is a truckdriver! Has anyone had similar activity? Any suggestions...if it's not seizures, what is it?

Last edited by Dstewartfl; 10-27-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply