It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

tweetyfeety HB User
Red face Nerve Pain from Arthritis??

Hi Everyone,
I've been struggling with nerve pain for the past couple years; arthritis and tingling for many years, several episodes of severe, dehabilitating back pain. The neurologist (after performing an EMG), says that my nerve pain is caused by the arthritis, and I'm wondering if this could be possible. Mostly tingling from the back of my legs down into my toes, with increasingly frequent zapping type pain- as if I'd been hit with electric wire. It is so painful and random, sometimes I kind of yell out aah!!, before I can stop myself- which believe me, gets some crazy reactions from people in public! I attend a Physical Therapy maintenance program to keep myself from injuring my back any further. I am 55 years old, and live a very active lifestyle. My DDD is 38 years of abusing my body in a physically demanding (lifting) job. Does anyone out there have feedback on this burning, electric-type nerve pain? It's mostly in my feet up to mid-calf. I also have a lot of cramping in lower legs. Any advice-is this truly caused by arthritis?? Thank you

Last edited by tweetyfeety; 12-11-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
(male)

tuvaa HB User
Re: Nerve Pain from Arthritis??

hi, i suffer from the same type of pain,due to spondylolisthesis,and other arthritic conditions.There are many conditions that cause nerve root and spinal cord pressure.Get a ct scan done,and ask for the written report,your doctor should explain exactly what your condition is.If its in your leg feet and toes,it will be coming from your lumber spine.If i had your symptoms i would be asking for an urgent ct scan,especially with numbness or tingling in the toes.The lumber area can be serious as you can lose control of your tioletery functions if damage becomes severe. Good luck .Tuvaa

Last edited by tuvaa; 12-21-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
arthritis, cramping, ddd, electric pain, nerve pain