It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

wllwrt4fd HB User
How long did it take you to get an accurate diagnosis?

Hi everyone,

I'm really starting to feel frustrated because it's taking so long to get a diagnosis for my leg numbness and I was just wondering if anyone else had any success stories of getting a diagnosis after they had to wait a while. It's been at least a year and a half for me and I want to know if anyone else had a similar experience.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
(female)

MISSAMYJO HB User
Re: How long did it take you to get an accurate diagnosis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllwrt4fd View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm really starting to feel frustrated because it's taking so long to get a diagnosis for my leg numbness and I was just wondering if anyone else had any success stories of getting a diagnosis after they had to wait a while. It's been at least a year and a half for me and I want to know if anyone else had a similar experience.
Hi: Mine took about a year. I am not sure we have the same condition (mine is neuropathy. First, I had pins, needles, pain in my feet. My reg dr said not to tie my shoes so tight! Then, I started feeling worse, asked for referral to a rheumatologist. They were not helpful but did a lot of blood work which indicated I was in pain (!!). Finally, I decided to go see a neurologist. That worked. However, I am still thinking of going to Mayo to figure out my specifically what is wrong. Good luck and dont' give up. YOU have to be your own aggressive advocate! amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply