It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

browrhon HB User
Searching for answers?!?

My symptoms started about 2 1/2 months ago--blurry vision, icy hot sensations in back that radiate to the front and in the arms and legs, dizziness, feels like body is humming or vibrating. My left arm feels like it is freezing deep in the bones. My right eye muscles feel stiff and then my face starts to feel tight. Pressure in ears. I had a ekg--normal. Heart stress test--normal. MRI of the brain with contrast--normal. Lots of blood work done--all normal. Opthomologist said eyes were normal. Neurologist doesn't think its ms. Any ideas what could be causing this? I sure would welcome any ideas. Thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Searching for answers?!?

Sometimes early on neurological problems don't show up on tests. A very sensitive test for MS is a visual evoked potential test. That sometimes shows a change before an MRI does. Another idea is to have your Vit B12 level checked. Vit B12 deficiencies can cause all sorts of weird neuro symptoms. That would be easy to treat. I hope you get some answers soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
(female)

browrhon HB User
Re: Searching for answers?!?

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to add my B12 was low and I have had 2 B12 shots so far. Do you know how long it takes to notice any changes after the the B12 shots? Thanks again.

Reply Reply