It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

carriep80 HB User
burning left sided chest pain

Hi i am a 30 year old woman with an unsolved nerve condition. I wanted to post on here and tell my story because, i feel alone with this pain and hoped someone else is experiencing this. This has been going on for 5 years now and no doctor can seem to diagnose it. It is a burning, throbbing, shooting pain on the left side of my chest that at its highest strength it goes to my shoulder and neck. I also am experiencing severe stomach pain and nausea. Both pains are extremes and come in waves when my stomach pain is extreme my chest pain isn't as bad and when my chest pain is bad my stomach pain doesn't bother me as much. I have had countless tests done to try and get to the bottom of this including MRI's of my spine and chest, x rays, endoscopy's, Bone scans, acupuncture, therapy with a TENS unit, corstisone shots, among countless medications. One thing that i cannot take are any inflammatory medicines or pain meds such as vicodin, and percocet because of my sensitive stomach. One potential diagnosis that has been given is costochondritis although this has no been proven yet. One thing that has been proven is that it is some type of neuropathy between my stomach and chest. I have been diagnosed with autonomic disorder and GERD but it hasn't been necessarily linked to this. Please if anyone is experiencing these symptoms or something like it please respond to my post. I would love to talk to or get advice from someone who is dealing with the type of chronic pain i am experiencing because i feel so alone in with this condition. Thank You and i hope to hear your comments.

I wrote this post 2 years ago and it is still going on the few new things that i have found is that i have nerve compression in my neck fouhnd by an EMG that could be causing my chest pain. I also had a lot of trigger point injections and epidurals to no success with the exception of one.I just had another MRI at a surgeon's request and if the compression turns up the way he thinks it is i am going to have surgery. Still would like to hear anyone's input on my or similar situation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply